I was first attracted to Seventh Generation products after reading the book, “Smart Mamas Green Guide“. I knew beforehand that there are certain things that you should keep away from children. After reading that book, I realized that didn’t want any of the cleaners I had been using to even be in my house anymore.
I’ve said before that we have infants that were born prematurely. Because their immune systems are a bit behind babies that were carried to term, we have to keep our home very clean. I knew that all of our cleaners had to go, I just didn’t know where to go next. I thought about making my own cleaners, but I have so many things going on, that I have no time for that. I contacted Seventh Generation and was sent their Healthy Home Kit to review.
The Kit includes kitchen cleaner, all purpose cleaner, glass and surface cleaner, shower cleaner, toilet cleaner, tub and tile cleaner, a roll of paper towels, and a nice handy tote. I have used them all, and they are all great. My favorite item is the kitchen cleaner. It is fabulous on all kinds of messy situations- especially grease and it smells great. It’s wild orange and cedar spice scent and I love it. It smells so, well, clean! The paper towels are great too. Made from 100% recycled and unbleached paper, they are way less wasteful than your regular paper towel.
When there are children involved it is so important to limit their exposure to toxic chemicals. I encourage you all to switch to Seventh Generation products. They are a great company with a great mission, “to inspire a more conscious and sustainable world by being an authentic force for positive change”. You can purchase their products at stores nation-wide or online here.
Giveaway has ended and the winner is #15, metta1313 Congrats Again Metta!!!!
Visit Seventh Generation and comment here telling me about one product that you’d like to try. Leave me a contact email address. (This comment is mandatory and if not included all other entries will be void)
Want Extra Entries?
(There are a lot of ways to get extra entries for this one!)
Leave one comment for each entry
- Follow this blog.
- Follow 7GenBlog by rss feed or email.
- Grab my button and post it on your blog. Leave a link :O)
- Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs by clicking the button on my right sidebar.
- Follow OUAB on Twitter and tweet this:”Win a Healthy Home Kit @onceuponbaby and @SeventhGen at http://tinyurl.com/yfgwotm #eco #green #giveaway #cleaning“
- Follow 7th Gen on Twitter and tweet this:”Win a Healthy Home Kit @onceuponbaby and @SeventhGen at http://tinyurl.com/yfgwotm #eco #green #giveaway #cleaning“
- Become a fan of OUAB on Facebook
- Become a fan of 7th Gen on Facebook
- Sign up to receive the 7th Gen newsletter (top right corner of This page, click “get our newsletter”)
- Become a member of the Seventh Generation Nation community and leave a link to your profile.
Open to US residents only. Ends at noon pacific time on 3/31/10. Winner will be determined by random.org. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. As always this is an honest review full of my own opinions. I was not compensated in any way other than receiving a kit to review.